steal on a GPS unit

S

SteveG

I want to give a heads up for anyone looking for a GPS unit. I got frustrated at the guy at Bass Pro last night while checking out what they had. On the way home, I decided to stop in at Dicks sporting goods. They informed me that they're getting out of them, but had one on clearance for $110. Its a Garmin Oregon 450, apparently normal retail is around $250! If you've been thinking about getting one, stop and see if your local Dicks has any first.

That's an exceptionally good deal. I paid A LOT more than that for mine wen they first came out. It takes memory cards and the whole bit, which is particualrly good for topo maps and those pre-loaded hunting maps that show property lines and such.

Yes, I bought the northeast US topo map last night, and downloaded onto a micro SD card. I wrapped up work early today so I could take it for a test run, to a brookie stream...

delorme has all topos and street maps in it. plus they can pair with the laptop program. I have the topo and street on my main computer and laptop. use the laptop as a gps too with their gps for laptops. plus most companies use their gis programs.

Back