Smoky Mountain question

T

thesmayway

We were supposed to go to GSMNP last year but plans changed last mine with family not being able to go... anyway, we are goin in July. I asked a few questions last year and jow, after doing research I have one very specific question to ask. Can anyone recommend a High gradient decent volume (waterfalls, plunge pools, difficult hike/climb access) on the east side of Gatlinburg in TN? PM me if you like, but there are 100s of streams and I would like to fish this type particularly. Like this -
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-R9Zk0ILy5yI/VUvfW9SRD9I/AAAAAAAAK5M/HUQX2t-L5Sk/s1600/DSCN1034.JPG

Thanks!

Never fished in that part of the park, but You should be able to locate one like that pretty easily on a topo map of the area. Look for where the stream crosses a lot of tightly packed contour lines. This indicates a falling stream like what you're looking for. Pretty easy to find in the smokies.

Roaring run in gatlinburg is a home run, very isolated and easy to reach caught lots of wild bows there

Pic up a copy of the waterfall trail guide, there are some 60 odd falls in the area, and use it to find good fishing. I find it very helpful

Back