Simple Tan Caddis

T

tctrout

Here's a really simple and effective caddis pattern that can be modified to cover most colors out there; the caddis wings I use in the video make it a really fast one to tie. If you have another favorite caddis pattern, feel free to explain what you use in the "Comments" section on YouTube. Thanks, and enjoy!

TC

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr4TYo1YKU8[/youtube]

Good informative video Tim. Nice quick tie and seems like a fish catcher. Those Frosty wings are really slick!

Very nice.
I've been tying a similar pattern. But instead of putting in a cdc underwing, I palmer a hackle there. Looks great too, and helps with floatation.
For my wings, I've been cutting them out of a materiel called web wing.
But those frosty wings would sure be a lot easier. I'll have to give them a try.

Just like you, I've been using these flies on fussy fish in slower water.
In heavier currents, I like to use a fluttering caddis pattern

Well done Tim. I'll be watching your others in the series. I've long maintained that simplicity, "sparseness", and tying flies for catching fish (not fishermen) is a BIG part of success on the water. Great production on the video too! I'm a big fan of do it yerself shooting, editing and production.

I appreciate all of the kind words, and glad to know that others have found or created similar patterns to try educating those "fussy" fish!

JG63 - The DIY video production comment was nice of you to say. Since this is a passion and not a job, it's great to share with others via YouTube, and though I've considered upgrading in the editing software, I'm happy with the current results.

Glad to know we think the same regarding flies....I think it was Poul Jorgensen who said, "There are flies for show, and there are flies for go!" You can probably guess what kind I prefer. ;-)

Tim

Great fly. It doesn't get any easier than that!

Excellent narratation and video work. There are a LOT of crappy tying videos out there in cyberspace. Yours are prepared by someone who is clearly competent in tying and comfortable conveying to the viewer how the fly is tied, etc.

Nice job!

Back