Should I fish tomorrow

W

Wmass

My wife is going to some bridal shower and I have nothing to do all day so I want to go fishing. My problem is that my usual stream of Valley Creek will likely be to high to fish so I am trying to find some place around the Philly area to fish.

My question is two fold: SHOULD I FISH TOMORROW and WHERE? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would try French Creek or the Tulley. With the Tulley being a tail water, it shouldn't be too high.

Good luck.

French creek or pickering. Both less then 20 minutes from valley.

What is French Creek like? Will it be flooded?

With gas prices so high, I am hesitent to make a long trek if it will be unfishable.

Not sure about french as i dont visit it often. But you should be able to pick a few fish up at pickering. It only took a day to clear up after that heavy rain we got on last friday. But pickering really is only 10 minutes from valley. So wouldn't be that much out of your way. French is a good 15-2o minutes past that though, which is pretty remote, so that would. But all in all i believe pickering is holding more and bigger fish anyway.

I'd fish a swollen valley before any of the stocked streams, except maybe the tully or little lehigh. They just can't match the wild trout experience for me.

French is a pretty stretch, but I think it is a mess when it's high.

I've developed a rule of thumb for streams lately... if there is timber wider than my thumb floating down the stream, I go home. I don't think valley would have been that bad, but who knows... I was at the jam, so I can't be sure.

What did you end up doing?

i like JayL's advice. Valley won't be that bad....

vc was running at 79 and dropping during this original post.
That is the exact conditions when I catch my biggest fish. i would have been there, but I was fishing elsewhere

Attachments

• 100_05352.JPG
    100_05352.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 2
Back