Seen this - Upper Delaware fish

GB was it caught on a spinner fly or a spinning rod ? I came close to a fish that size once lost it at the net. It was an epic fight Thanks Kray2 I will forever remember that fish.

Andy,

You think it looks like a lake escapee? Looks too long and head too big. I'd believe it was a river fish. I'd also believe it's probably a Main Stem fish..... somewhere between Junction and Narrowsburg.

The head is very big and as I read further down on the responses tonight it was mentioned it was not a reservoir fish. Wherever it is a real monster. I met a guy on the WB and main about 3-4 times back in the late 1990's and up to about 2001. He only fished large Deceiver type streamers on sink tip and full sink lines. He had a strange boat - it was fiberglass and it said "Hyde" on it but it was only about 36" wide but it was about 15'/16' long. He ran an electric motor on it. Anyway he told me he might go an entire day with out a strike. His flies were bigger than most of what I consider my big streamers. Many were #1/0. He told me over the past five years (this is about 18 years ago now) he had landed five 28" browns, three 30", and one 32" behemoth. He spoke quite candidly and I never thought he was exaggerating. I just don't have the patience to fish all day without a bump.

Joe D, the well known system guide, told me a couple of years ago he targeted stripers in the lower river and landed something like 32 that were 10# - 20#. But he never mentioned any really big trout.

Back