Scott A4 or Orvis Access

Hi Pennypackflyer, I also have two Orvis Clearwater rods. They are sweet rods aren't they? I especially like my 8 1/2 ft 4wt. In my opinion they are a great value for the money.

TDB wrote:
I never said Scott wasn't a quick turnaround. My point was that they charge $50 plus shipping. With Orvis - I pay nothing when I break a rod. End of story.

Scott performance - yes, they are great rods in my experience. I won't take that away from them at all. I do like the Orvis product as well, especially the Helios.

Again, it really depends on what type of fishing you are doing, etc.

how did u get away with out paying anything...i broke the tip of my access last oct and i had to pay $25 for S&H

Took it to the Factory store in Downingtown, PA. They gave me a new rod and took ther hassle of sending my old one back. It was a true factory defect though. I had another one that I broke (fishing too hard!) and I had to ship it back. It cost me about $15 to ship it back and that was it.

The 2 recent encounters I had with Scott involved me paying to ship it (about $15) and then paying them a $50 service fee. Heck, I only had $118 in the rod from them. That was enough right there to end it for me.

Again, not saying they are a bad rod - but if I can get a rod that performs as well cheaper with a much better customer service program, I'm going to take it...

TDB wrote:
I never said Scott wasn't a quick turnaround. My point was that they charge $50 plus shipping. With Orvis - I pay nothing when I break a rod. End of story.

Scott performance - yes, they are great rods in my experience. I won't take that away from them at all. I do like the Orvis product as well, especially the Helios.

Again, it really depends on what type of fishing you are doing, etc.

I wish I could say its free for Orvis rod repairs but...

http://www.orvis.com/intro.aspx?subject=2730

We were the first rod company in the world to offer a guarantee, and it is still the best. Purchase an Orvis graphite rod and, for a quarter of a century, we'll repair your rod no questions asked. If we can't repair it, we'll choose a current rod of at least equal value to replace it. Either way, your investment is assured.

For rods manufactured after January 2003, there will be a nominal handling charge of $30. By purchasing an Orvis rod, you have placed your trust in our commitment to quality. The 25-year Guarantee is our thank you

Back