Saltwater flies

Anthony

Anthony

I was off from work a couple of days,weather conditions were bad so I tied some saltwater flies.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 4
Nice! I esp like the lower one.

are you putting any lead in those or is it just the eyes? have you been trying any of that epoxy cured with the little light? is that all synthetic with the exception of the peacock? I'm painting up some plugs for IBSP, but take the flyrod along. sandy hook is closed with the federal shutdown.

No lead. Have been using Cure-Goo. The first fly is all Steve Farrar's blend. Second fly is all Bucktail with some feathers. You can use peacock, too.

Salt tying is fun and rewarding. The flies are gorgeous. Good Job. I tied a bunch of salt flies in the hopes that one day I would be able to use them. Lucky enough a business trip to Newport RI this past spring enabled me to catch my first striper on the beach with one of those flies.

nice flies i like the BT deceiver. only problem is its gonna be sandeel time. no need to go to RI when you got the pristine beaches in NJ. haha. bass are around its gonna be or turn for the fall run. now till December.

marcq, Fill me in man, Let us know when they get going down there. I'm ready and packed. Say the word. Love them stripers.

reports are coming in but its not yet. my best bet is a week we should be getting a lot of bass. im heading down sat night to get a line wet. check out the Warmwater and salt forum that where ill post reports.

Back