Rod Weight.

Hey, you two fools with the same Avatar....the beginners forum is for beginners questions and informative and knowledgeable answers from posters. I know you're both are good FFers, help out with an intelligent answer or response and cut the BS. Take it to the OT forum if you must. You guys make me dizzy.

A 3 wt for nymphing? Not criticizing, just surprised. Seems like it would be used under some very specialized nymphing situations. I would be interested in learning when such a system would be useful. May be I'm missing something. Although, tehn again, do I really need another rod? ----- Hell yeah!

joereese wrote:
A 3 wt for nymphing? Not criticizing, just surprised. Seems like it would be used under some very specialized nymphing situations. I would be interested in learning when such a system would be useful. May be I'm missing something. Although, tehn again, do I really need another rod? ----- Hell yeah!

10' 3 and 4 wts are frequently used in new fangled euro/czech nymphing. Search on this site or google.

The atta
jdaddy wrote:
joereese wrote:

10' 3 and 4 wts are frequently used in new fangled euro/czech nymphing. Search on this site or google.

I posted this several times. It a small e-book that's a great primer about Euro nymphing. It give the basics on the rigs, techniques and flies for several styles of Euro nymphing.

http://www.bluequillangler.com/site/european_nymphing_techniques/european_nymphing_techniques.html

joereese wrote:
A 3 wt for nymphing? Not criticizing, just surprised.

Some people also just prefer light rods for the small fish on their streams.

afishinado wrote:
The atta
jdaddy wrote:
joereese wrote:

I posted this several times. It a small e-book that's a great primer about Euro nymphing. It give the basics on the rigs, techniques and flies for several styles of Euro nymphing.

http://www.bluequillangler.com/site/european_nymphing_techniques/european_nymphing_techniques.html

That's a great introduction!

Back