Redington Crosswater?

robbie514

robbie514

I found this rod for $90. It is a 4 piece medium-fast rod and comes in 5, 6, and 8 weight. I think I am going to buy it, but I want to ask your opinions first.

Buy it in 8wt, it will be an awesome rod for use on Hay Creek. From what I have been told there are some bigums in there there that would bust a messily 5 or 6 weight in two.

i have a 9 1/2' 7wt i used for steelhead and searun cutts out west. good rod for the money. an 8wt would be too much for any trout in PA.

Great rod for the money! I always recommend it to folks looking for a great combo to get into the game.

Check out the search feature on the site. All of the Redington combos have been discussed in depth in here and the beginner section.

I have an 8 wt for the salt. Great rod and combo from Cabelas. GG

I'm getting a 9' 8wt this weekend and matching it with an Allen Alpha III for steelhead, salmon, lake run browns, and warm water species.

Smart idea to match it w/ a different reel if you're going for "big game" like that. The Crosswater reel is nice for a season or two, especially for trout, but I wouldn't trust it against steelie or salmon, etc.

That's what I figured, I'm not a fan of combo reels, but I knew I'd be putting the rod through a beating so I didn't want to drop a lot of cash on it

Back