Orvis Hydros combo...Quick question...

Gary, interesting. I would love to find that post and look at the details. alas, it was posted on an internet forum, there for it must be true. in all seriousness, I know you a thorough fellow so I believe you. I would like to look into the research however.

that said, I agree it is neither here nor there. the rod is a sweet rod and I really believe it will serve you well big bass.

Andy, you are much too modest. yes, I am sure there are folks on here who may know the D "better" than you but no one is nearly as helpful or willing as you are. that is my kiss-a$$ way of saying thanks for two years ago when you helped me out up there. great time I will never forget. that was easily the biggest spread of food I have ever seen at a PAFF get together and everyone there was great to be around. what a trip!

TimRobinsin wrote:
Gary, interesting. I would love to find that post and look at the details. alas, it was posted on an internet forum, there for it must be true. in all seriousness, I know you a thorough fellow so I believe you. I would like to look into the research however.

that said, I agree it is neither here nor there. the rod is a sweet rod and I really believe it will serve you well big bass.

Andy, you are much too modest. yes, I am sure there are folks on here who may know the D "better" than you but no one is nearly as helpful or willing as you are. that is my kiss-a$$ way of saying thanks for two years ago when you helped me out up there. great time I will never forget. that was easily the biggest spread of food I have ever seen at a PAFF get together and everyone there was great to be around. what a trip!

I agree with "Tim".....lol. He knows a little about Orvis rods and he can cast fairly well, too.

They are the same blanks according to the people that actually make them, so I'm sticking with that. Who cares, anyway? Just cast the dang rod and see if it works well for ya and does what you want/need it to do.

Also agreed....Andy is a D diva and a great caster in his own right. If he finally took the fish hooks out of his pocket and sprung for a decent rod, he would be dangerous!

afishinado wrote:
I agree with "Tim".....lol. He knows a little about Orvis rods and he can cast fairly well, too.

They are the same blanks according to the people that actually make them, so I'm sticking with that. Who cares, anyway? Just cast the dang rod and see if it works well for ya and does what you want/need it to do.

I actually thought that it was you and Jay who had the discussion; he was certainly the one who pointed out the blank weight differences.

With that, "Tim," feel free to look through Jay's 18K post count.. Its in there somewhere. :)

EDIT: Almost. Search engines make it easy, as seen here, the problem is the board format change has made all the old links useless and good luck getting the forum search to produce anything useful.

EDIT2: Winrar! You can thank caching for that.

So considering the price point, with the warranty, what would they replace this rod with if there ever was a warranty concern? I registered the rod and Orvis said it went through correctly online. Would they downgrade to an Access or Recon or upgrade to an H2?

I'd guess that they'd replace with hydros....if not available,access. You may be able to buy an upgrade if you talk nicely to the proper person.

Back