One week in August, where too?

You could try Pohopoco creek Carbon County.
90 mins from Phila.
A bottom release from the Beltsville Lake dam keeps this stream cool in August.

Steve 98

tioga county, heres a list. pine creek above galeton, genessee forks at west pike, west branch at galeton,kettle creek. summoning below Costello, asaph run, stoney fork creek, tiadaughton pine creek, watrous, cedar run, owassee, grand canyon, Blackwell,. ansonia,

study your map.

frommes campground, don't know if Eugenie is still alive.. fromes oh boy. tent trailer. the absolute hub in tioga.

spent a lifetime in tioga.

babbs creek, trout run, slate run, rattlesnake rock,

boy if I was younger I would take you on a tour of your life

maxima12 wrote:
tioga county, heres a list. pine creek above galeton, genessee forks at west pike, west branch at galeton,kettle creek. summoning below Costello, asaph run, stoney fork creek, tiadaughton pine creek, watrous, cedar run, owassee, grand canyon, Blackwell,. ansonia,

study your map.

frommes campground, don't know if Eugenie is still alive.. fromes oh boy. tent trailer. the absolute hub in tioga.

spent a lifetime in tioga.

babbs creek, trout run, slate run, rattlesnake rock,

boy if I was younger I would take you on a tour of your life

Nice run down!

Where is Frommes Campground?

I've been at the Delaware river a few times with my wife.
And - as DaveS suggested - there isn't a whole lot for non - fishers to do there. She got bored quickly.

Another place in PA that she really did enjoy however, is along the Lehigh river. She just loved the town of Jim Thorpe. And some of the other towns above and below the gorge
Lots of things for both of us to day there. We biked the gorge - from both ends. Hiked some interesting trails.

Now we've always gone there in sept, when the weather had cooled down a bit. And I had some decent fishing in the river.
Early august might be too hot (unless we have another summer like last year)
However, there are some smaller streams - and the Pohopoco tailwater - in that area, that should provide cool water even then at that time

Why not try something a little out of the ordinary. Ausable River, Wilmington N. Y. Just outside Lake Placid. Nice hotels to stay in Wilmington. Great fishing and things to do there. Lake Placid lot's to do.

Now, if any interests, I would suggest contact: Tom Conway. Ausable river 2 fly shop. Tom is a great gentlemen, down to earth person that is more than glad to help. Years of experience, an offshoot of the famous Fran Betters shop.

Long drive from pa. but what a beautiful trip. you will notice another shop in Wilmington, not really where the locals go. also a fly shop, I believe orvis in Placid. Again not really where locals go.

Ausable 2, local hand tied flies to perfection, if needed and all the rest.

But most important, Tom Conway.

Whiteface Mt. you got to do it. Go up and see the world. Nice thing about this place. It's a place for everyone to enjoy.

I would classify this, a trip of a lifetime.

Some time's I forget some really cool places and people I have met along the way. But here is a really neat place.

Blackwell pa. Miller's general store. 570-353-2258.

Why? They have a cabin in Blackwell, fully furnished, washer, dryer, fridge, stove, complete bedding, basically complete everything. I rented it a few years ago 1st week buck season. Cost then was $750.00 I believe. Could be lower possible in summer because of no heating expense.

Walk to Big Pine, take bike's for rails to trails only 25 yards away, see pa. grand canyon, visit Wellsboro Pa. A lot to do around. Canoe, kyack, hike, etc. etc.

Basically all needed to bring is food and drinks. If any would choose to go there. Tell Miller's Johnny Fave, Minor and Marietta Martino's nephew sent you. They don't know me as Maxima12. But they do remember me as the young outdoorsman that fished from morning to night, carrying a 22 single shot and 2 full pockets of shells. spent several summers in Blackwell. What a real treat. As a young man Blackwell is where i learned, my hunting, trapping fishing, outdoor skills

Nothing better than floating from Tiadaughton to Blackwell. I can't say enough about this hidden gem except: "the world is yours, take it" Maxima12

Back