Old dog , new tricks

Paul swing it to the back when you are walking so if they want to look at you funny you won"t notice it unless you look back at them :lol:

Good thread.Thanks Mike for starting it.Paul, is that a "camo" dish Pan? lol

Reach cast is all but required on the Upper Delaware. That is probably the most important thing I worked on this year.

As far as the saltwater get up, I think the stripping basket is just the icing on the cake. A guy dressed like that, carrying a fly rod, walking down the beach is not normal stuff. To us FF guys the stripping basket is the only thing out of place. To others the entire get up is out of place.

I can see me , waking down a beach in New Jersey , prosthesis and all , and young folks going awwwwww look at that poor old guy he must be teched in da head or altzheimers awwwwww.

I learned 2 new casts this summer. One of them is just a simple overhead cast but at your stop on the forward stroke you flick your rod tip left or right. This causes your line to have an disinct up or down stream curvy in your line. If you do it fast enuf you can almost cast a 90 degree angle. It works great for drifts.

I use this method to cast around rocks, trees etc. great for throwing a bass bug around a tree trunk where mr. bass hides.

I can see me , waking down a beach in New Jersey , prosthesis and all , and young folks going awwwwww look at that poor old guy he must be teched in da head or altzheimers awwwwww.

I get that where ever I go, of course talking to myself doesn't help....I'm with ya mike....

Would be nice to be able to try that cast out for myself Sandfly , i could always use that myself if i can get it to work. When it thaws out a little i'll try that and let you know how it works out for me. I'm sure it will come in handy , in fact i have a specific place in mind and if that fish is still there next spring it won't be any good to hide behind that boulder.

Back