Nymph Box

K

kbobb

What do you all like? What do you use?
I'd like one with foam because my flies get stuck together in my box with sections and ocassionally some fall out when I'm trying to get just one out.
Scientific anglers? Cabela? Others?

Thanks

I use the Anglers Image Ultra Thin box to store my midge nymphs. It has a magnetic bottom and can be purchased in 6, 12 and 18 compartments formed from a foam overlay. The magnetic bottom prevents flies from falling out. The box is only 1/4" deep which is great for small stuff, but I wish they made a model slightly thicker for bigger nymphs.

I fish nymphs most of the time. I usually don't wear a vest, so it's a lanyard and fly boxes in my shirt pockets. I like Risenfly slim boxes and Orvis Super Slim boxes with foam.

I'm not much of a nymph fisherman but I do carry one of the ultra slim style boxes with a selection of nymphs, midges and soft hackles for hanging as droppers off dries:)

I scored an Orvis Super Slim in a raffle. Nice box.

I use the slim Orvis magnetic boxes - i have an 8 n a 12.

I like these, streamsides. they are thin and hold a lot of flies.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Flambeau-Streamside-Fly-Box/1164568.uts

I like the Wheatley swing leaf box for my nymphs. Don't know if they still make them but I get a ton of nymphs big & small into it. It's not a thin box but it holds all my nymphs regardless of where I go. Wheatley boxes are a bit pricey but thay are durable and I've had mine for years.

thanks to all!
I'm gonna look into those slim/ultrathin boxes.

+2 on the Orvis Super Slim!

Great nymph box.

I recently bought 2 of the Orvis slim boxes and love them

I have one with 500 flys and a few smaller ones too.

Attachments

• DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0023.JPG
    DSCF0023.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 2
Yeah - the slotted/slit foam look good and the slims will fit nice in a vest, pack or pocket.

Thanks all

Back