Not in SE PA

USGS report on South Newark Basin. I don't think there's a single hole thats been drilled; its based on what other similar basins have produced or have been calculated to produce. Instead of the outrage at the legislators that make sure they protected their districts, why not turn some of that towards the legislators that ensured their districts were pillaged?

For those that are outraged, do you live in Bucks or Montgomery County? If not, is it envy of the legislators that are looking out for their own?

salmonoid wrote:
USGS report on South Newark Basin. I don't think there's a single hole thats been drilled; its based on what other similar basins have produced or have been calculated to produce. Instead of the outrage at the legislators that make sure they protected their districts, why not turn some of that towards the legislators that ensured their districts were pillaged?

For those that are outraged, do you live in Bucks or Montgomery County? If not, is it envy of the legislators that are looking out for their own?

The first well site was going through the permit process when the bill was passed. There were some shallow wells drilled in the 80s but I don't think anything ever came of them.

I live in Bucks and I don't agree with our area having any special restrictions. I believe policies regarding drilling should be consistent state wide.

What makes Bucks and Montco so special is Buck$ and Vote$ :) And OH, btw, they've know there was gas in SEPA for years, the money for the study was wasted.

Chaz wrote:
What makes Bucks and Montco so special is Buck$ and Vote$ :) And OH, btw, they've know there was gas in SEPA for years, the money for the study was wasted.

10% of the state's population lives in these two counties. Not that that makes it right but it equates to political strength.

Back