Newbie Questions

I would let you carry me to a win if it involved straight cash homey.

I couldn't hook a fish if I tried. Hooks in the face....got that covered. Ask Dave...trying to launch it in the wind, gust hit backcast.....#8-2xl drake in the bridge of the nose. Barb on the hook and forceps were needed to remove it. Enough blood that it looke like I was in round 5 of a MMA fight. I think I drew blood on the face at least 4 times this year and Brandon put a 2 nymph rig covered w/ rock snot in my mouth as I yawned l rowed the boat.

Rascal

Welcome to the jungle! You are in for a whole new level of fun and frustration. And you have found both a great place to learn and a great bunch of people sharing a common passion.

Rod and reel suggestion would be LL Bean's Quest set up if you are looking for a minimum investment. Great warranty and products.

Also a +1 on meeting up with Krayfish. He will shorten your learning curve by a great factor.

Dave

ps - Kinda fitting that my 1,000 th post is in the newbie section, isn't it?

Welcome to the board!

Many on this board are rather "trout-centric", including myself. Oh we do a little fishing for smallies but it's a side thing, not our main pursuit. That's to our detriment as PA is rich with opportunities for smallies.

That said, as you are learning fly fishing, when it comes to the basics you face the same learning curve as the would be trouters, and yes, the newbie event should accelerate the learning curve. I think, once up to speed on the basics, you will likely be able to teach us a few things about bassin. So stick around, we need someone like you!

Back