New to the Sport

Thank you all again, you have been tremendously(SP?) helpful.

Afetr searching on cabelas for a bit I have narowed it down to a few combos. All of these I plan to use for small mouth primarily and I am going to pick up a used rod from my unlce for the trout. The used rod is only a 7.5' 5wt rod. so when I get a bit better at casting I can use this one on the smaller streams.

here is wha I have broken it down to:
1. sweetwater combo
This is the sweetwater combo. which is the first one on the list.

2. The9' 6wt

3. 9' 7wt version

I am leaning more towards the later.

I thank you all again for being so helpful.

Bob

I have th elast one with a prestige plus reel in an 8wt and like it a lot. I use it at the beach and for bigger bass. But the first one on your list wold be a serious multi tasker. I just love having a rod that I can take almost anywhere for any thing. The 5/6 wt LLbean rod I have is such a rod. I have 3 sppols for my reel. 5wt sinking for lake fishing from my float tube...6wt double taper for everyday use (its great for roll casting) and a 5wt wight forward floating that i use for trout and smallmouth at camp and when I really need to throw distance, say, from the lake shore. If yo are really in a budget situation, don't just take price into consideration, but take into consideration the most USE you can get out of those dollars as well.

If you are going to Cabelas, you will probably be able to test cast some of them and the feel of each rod may just make your decision for you.

Tom, Thanks for the advice, it will be taken into consideration tomorrow when I go to cabelas.

Maurice, thank you for the edit, its looks alot better cleaned up :)

Back