new rod

ihrtffishing

ihrtffishing

Well my old rod is getting to be scratched and nicked up so I think I'm going to buy another one. Can't be to expensive because of the $20 per month allowances I get. I'm thinking of the $75-$120 range. Any ideas on what stores or websites I should get it on will help tremendously. Thanks in advance.

use yours 'til it fails, save 'til then, browse and try them 'til then. when it breaks, you'll be better armed, and better saved, for your replacement.

Ill second what Gfen said. Use the rod you got. save and get a rod that is what will serve your needs as an all around rod.

Gfen's advice is sound, and I would probably recommend the same. The fish don't care about the scratches and nicks! If you're going to buy now though...

In that price range you probably can't beat one of the more budget aimed BPS or Cabelas set ups...plus you get the reel, line, backing, and sometimes even a leader included. They're not top end rods by any stretch, but some have some suprisingly nice features for the price, and they all will catch fish. Redington also make a combo...the "Crosswater" I believe that is supposed to be pretty good for the price. More toward the top of your price range probably though.

Other than a couple budget St. Croix or Redington models you won't find much in that price range, so you might as well get the reel, etc too.

Ill throw my 2 cents in and suggest echo's ion rods there really good quaility and light on your wallet at $189.

Cortland "Brook" Series. Retail around $190

With your price range check out ECHO SOLO ,
and TFO has 2 pc rods ...both with LIFFETIME NO FAULT WARRANTY.
MADISON RIVER FISHING COMPANY currently has TFO sale.
TFO is discontinuing their TiCr 4 pc rods..great reviews, great value

Back