New Offering from TFO

jrmyln

jrmyln

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/about/news/119-custom-rod-shop-press-release.html

575 none of their rods are worth that IMO. You could buy the blank and customize it like that for half the price.

IdratherbePhishing wrote:
575 none of their rods are worth that IMO. You could buy the blank and customize it like that for half the price.

agreed. tfo does certain things right, others not so much.

$575 TFO?

lol

exactly. I do have a few tfo rods and they are nice. But tfo is a budget minded company and that is just not so budget minded.

IdratherbePhishing wrote:
exactly. I do have a few tfo rods and they are nice. But tfo is a budget minded company and that is just not so budget minded.

much like when VW released a 120k luxury pseudo-supercar. know your place and do what you do well.

just bought a TFO on closeout for $99....stopped at Michaels craft store....$4.99 for paint marker to write my name on the rod. BOOM. Custom TFO at a fraction the price. I also took some wood grain contact paper and put it on the reel seat. Problem solved. LOL

Blueprinted? What's it do in a 1/4 mile?
Do they try to match sections for uniform action throughout the entire blank?
Seems that would make the rest of the "normal" rods questionable, as if the blanks didn't match up as well as the special ones.

When I first moved to PA, I did some shows with them. When Lefty first jumped on board, I thought very highly of TFO. Over the years that changed dramatically. The blueprinted blank process sounds like more of their marketing BS.

500 For A Made In China Blank, Low Quality Cork And Burl Cork (Which Costs Less Than Regular Cork). Nobody With Any Knowledge Of Fly Rods Would Buy One. Id Take The Lowest End SaGe Or Scott Over This Rod If Both Were Offered At The Same Price. Junk.

I'd have to believe that the majority of sales for these models will be based on hype, "gotta have it" and / or having a stick that nobody else has.

I'm an admitted gear head. With that said, I don't get caught up in hype or trying to keep up with the Jones. There are many $300 rods that perform as good as or better than $700 rods. With more expensive rods you get name and usually some better hardware or better finish. All depends what you are looking for but I'd have to believe this rod will end up as the biggest turd TFO has ever laid

Funny
Lots of opinions and bashing of something that the doubters have 0 personal experience

Yes imported blank
(Does that even matter anymore? The imports consistently out perform their US counterparts)
But the rest of the rod (blueprinting, modifying, and build) is done by one of the best line/ rod builders in the industry...and each one done in the USA
Individually blueprinted and built to your specs

slumdumb wrote:
Funny
Lots of opinions and bashing of something that the doubters have 0 personal experience

Yes imported blank
(Does that even matter anymore? The imports consistently out perform their US counterparts)
But the rest of the rod (blueprinting, modifying, and build) is done by one of the best line/ rod builders in the industry...and each one done in the USA

Ya, they are opinions. Everyone is allowed to have one.

slumdumb wrote:
Funny

Yes imported blank

Ya, they are opinions. Everyone is allowed to have one.

Jeez, our custom rods are a third of that price....

I'm thinking the TFO custom rod program might easily impress those not familiar with custom rod building. The photo on their page reminds me of a $40 Batson blank, pimped out with every cliched custom rod accesory they could think of.

Yeah I have to agree, really pricey for what they are, but if they can actually spec a rods flex to exactily what you want, thats pretty cool...

The big thing im seeing is its only for thier availble blanks now. I would love to see some of thier other rod legnths available as well. Heck id like to get my hands on an old 11' professional wih the switch/regular fighting butt changability...

I would rather have a Winston gvx for that price point or a mistic. It sounds like a lot of hype to get more revenue from a company that does not have hands on ability to speck out a blank/build a rod that would be epic, think C.F. Burkheimer.

Slumdum,

Cts From New Zealand And Gatti From ItalY Make Nice Blanks. The Stuff From Asia Is JuNk Compared To Us Made Blanks. Us Made Are Much More Consistent In Straightness, Action, Length Etc. They Are Produced In Smaller Batches, In House By Highly Skilled Adults. Asian Blanks Are Made In Factories In Large Batches Along With Whatever Else That Factory Manufactures By Unskilled Workers. I Have No Clue What You Mean When You Say Foreign Blanks Consistently Outperform Us Ones. Outperform How? Take A Tour Of Sage, Scott, WinstoN, Tnt, Etc And Take A Look How Blanks Are Made. The AsiAn Blanks Arent Even Close.

moon1284 wrote:
Slumdum,

Cts From New Zealand And Gatti From ItalY Make Nice Blanks. The Stuff From Asia Is JuNk Compared To Us Made Blanks. Us Made Are Much More Consistent In Straightness, Blah, blah blah blah blah....

Bwahahahahhahahahh!

I agree with some of what (I think) you are saying. But honestly, with that horrible grammar, spelling, and typing, I can't take you seriously at all.

And, I think you are talking out of your butt and don't really know much about this topic.

Isn't the Hardy Zenith considered to be best performing rod out there? Isn't it also made in Asia?

Back