National Saltwater Angler Registry for Pa Anglers

Status
Not open for further replies.
stripedbass.jpg
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission (PFBC) are reminding anglers that a new federal law requires anglers who target or catch shad, striped bass, and river herring from the Delaware River below Trenton Falls or in the Delaware Estuary to register with the National Saltwater Angler Registry.

Anglers do not need to register if they meet one of the following exceptions:
• Are under the age of 16.
• Only fish on licensed charter, party, or guide boats.
• Hold a Highly Migratory Species Angling Permit.
• Fish commercially under a valid license.
• Possess a New York Marine Recreational License.
• Possess a Delaware Fisherman Information Network (F.I.N.) Number.

All anglers must still possess a valid state fishing license. Anglers may visit the Registry website at www.countmyfish.noaa.gov and click on the Angler Registry link or call the toll-free registration line at 1-888-MRIP-411 (1-888-674-7411). Anglers will be asked to provide their name, date of birth, address, and telephone number and will immediately receive a registration number. Anglers will receive a registration card by mail in approximately 30 days.

It is part of a national overhaul of the way NOAA collects and reports recreational fishing data. The goal of the initiative – known as the Marine Recreational Information Program, or MRIP – is to provide the most accurate information possible.

For more information, visit www.countmyfish.noaa.gov

jreichel
This was my first Jam and I would like to thank everyone who helped to put it together. Also thanks to Shakey and (I believe) Brian for the entertainment Saturday night. I throughly enjoyed it, what great talent! And to everyone who attended thanks for making a new face feel welcome. What a great event! Can't wait till next year!

Jeff

Last edited:
PaulG
My only regret was not staying at the CG's, I missed most of the actitivies. Next year I'll stay at the CG's for sure.

PaulG

Last edited:
salmo
I have found Dave Rothrock to be a knowledgeable and accomplished fly fisherman and teacher.

Salmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back