Matarelli Whip Finisher

The Angler

The Angler

Anybody have one of these they want to sell? I have been looking high and low for one for what seems like years.

A REAL Frank Materelli or one of the knock-offs?

If you want a real one, eBay is about your only hope and expect to pay well over $100.

I have no Materelli tools for sale but I own three of the whip finishers, two regular and one long reach. I've had them since I first started fly tying and wouldn't sell them for any amount.

Last edited:
Anybody have one of these they want to sell? I have been looking high and low for one for what seems like years.

How badly $$ do you want one? 😊

Such as a one owner, never used, with the original instruction sheet kinda thing.

Last edited:
How badly $$ do you want one? 😊

Such as a one owner, never used, with the original instruction sheet kinda thing.
Yes a real one for my personal use with the F & M on the bottom.

If you want a real one, eBay is about your only hope and expect to pay well over $100.

I have no Materelli tools for sale but I own three of the whip finishers, two regular and one long reach. I've had them since I first started fly tying and wouldn't sell them for any amount.
Would you be kind enough to post a picture of your long reach? Does the long reach have F & M embossed on the bottom like the standard length? Thank you.

good a real one for my personal use with the F & M on the bottom.
I had no idea, but if those are his initials they’re about as hard to see as a winning number is on a lottery ticket.

Image1

Image0

I had no idea, but if those are his initials they’re about as hard to see as a winning number is on a lottery ticket.

View attachment 1641235542
View attachment 1641235543
Thank you! Is that your extended reach version? The reason I am asking is......a friend gave me an extended reach whip many years ago in the Matarelli packaging and everything.......that does not have the F and M on the bottom. I was asking you to post pics of it in case the extended reach did not include the F & M......I know the regular whip's all had the F&M.......

Thank you! Is that your extended reach version? The reason I am asking is......a friend gave me an extended reach whip many years ago in the Matarelli packaging and everything.......that does not have the F and M on the bottom. I was asking you to post pics of it in case the extended reach did not include the F & M......I know the regular whip's all had the F&M.......
That’s a regular sized whip finish tool, which is 4” long. @Bamboozle said he has the long reach tool, not me.

I sent you a private message on this one.

Image1
Image0

Last edited:

Hi - does your extended reach Matarelli Whip have the F&M on it? Thank you

I also sent you a PM but my extended Materelli has FM stamped on the end tab. It's faint and very close to the steel ball but it's there.

I have three Materelli whip finishers, two regular and one long reach. One regular was my very first and the oldest and the FM on that one is embossed about in the center of the tab.

The long reach is the second oldest and that and the other regular whip finisher are both stamped similar to the Materelli bobbins I use almost exclusively.

Hope that helps.

Back