Looking for easy access streams in Stroudsburg, PA

P

PaScoGi

I will be there this coming weekend and will have about 3 hours in the AM to fish. Looking like rain this week, so big streams like Delaware are not an option most likely.

Quick google search resulted in McMichael Creek, Brodhead Creek, Pocono Creek. Any other small streams?

Not looking for secret spots or hatch info, just want to find an easy spot to park and fish for some trout.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Brodhead has a ton of access and is stocked really well. The special reg area of McMichaels gets hit pretty hard but there is always a chance of catching something big there. Those two have the best access. I've caught a few on Pocono but it's a little harder to get to.

For the Brodhead, I like Creekview Park. Can fish right by on the rip rap by the ballfields, but fly guys do better wading across and casting to the wall. Cross at the lower end, but can be tough in higher water. Can go up or down for some good fishing with less crowds (more people go down), especially if you can't wade across.

All Stroud Township parks along Rte 191 have good fishing. I like the one by the "High Bridge" (Rte 191 bridge).

There is a parking next to the Moose and across the bridge at Yetter park.

Plenty of good access on the Brodhead in public parks through town and up to the 191 bridge. If you like these spots, there are other places to explore downstream in the gorge or upstream in For Evergreen or just downstream of the Analomink bridge. The Hurricane Dianne flood of 1955 killed dozens of people in Stroudsburg so the Brodhead was channelized and restricted by levees through Stroudsburg. There is a short stretch below the Analomink bridge that wasn't channelized and gives an idea what the stream once was.

Thanks great stuff! Really appreciate the help!

Back