Little J Guide Recommendations

Another option would be our friend and forum member Wetfly01.

His name is Dave and he specializes in wet fly fishing in central PA. I'm sure Dave could show you around the LJ and probably teach you some good sub surface techniques.

Wetflywaterguides

Juniata Troutfitters---these guys are good and know the river well! Wetfly01 is good as well. Come and fish the river! As much as I love and could use the business--these guys are all good and are all capable of giving you a GREAT experience and they are worth every dime. They are anglers - not tour guides and I promise, you will not only learn the river--you will learn technique.

Fishidiot wrote:
Another option would be our friend and forum member Wetfly01.

His name is Dave and he specializes in wet fly fishing in central PA. I'm sure Dave could show you around the LJ and probably teach you some good sub surface techniques.

Wetflywaterguides

Agreed. If I was looking for a guide on the Little J, I wouldn't think about anyone else. I've fished with Dave a few times before. Stand up guy, knows his waters well, and knows how to get into a hot mess of fish.

Well, kudos to E. Stroup. I'd say it was professional of him to speak up for his rival guides. That speaks well for Eric.

rrt wrote:
Well, kudos to E. Stroup. I'd say it was professional of him to speak up for his rival guides. That speaks well for Eric.

Was thinking the same thing, very classy.

peen9305 wrote:
I'm always on the J so if anyone is interested in getting together to fish, hit me up.

when

You can't do any better than Eric. He knows the river and is a terrific instructor. You'll learn a ton of practical how-to. If you really want to treat yourself, visit his Face Time fly fishing website. Fantastic videos! I especially like the fly tying videos. In addition to me learning lots of practical things, it's saved my sanity during this brutal winter....lol!

Back