Limestoners in the winter

Fished 10's with a 14 dropper all winter on a limestone stream, Had no problems hooking up. Matter of fact it was my best winter ever, and it was damn cold.

lv2nymph wrote:
Fished 10's with a 14 dropper all winter on a limestone stream, Had no problems hooking up. Matter of fact it was my best winter ever, and it was damn cold.
Jack I must say you are one dedicated flyfisher. I like to fish in the winter but it was just too cold for me this year. I must be getting soft. As soon as we get a decent day I am going to fish Spring Creek. I want it warm enough that I can wear my plain SAGE ballcap that you like so much and not some winter, ear covering,fleece lined beanie. LOL!

Lol Ed, I upped my gear for winter outings and it made a big difference. Whe you do get out this way please give me a heads up so perhaps we can get out together.

lv2nymph wrote:
Lol Ed, I upped my gear for winter outings and it made a big difference. Whe you do get out this way please give me a heads up so perhaps we can get out together.
I will PM you beforehand and let you know when I am coming up. Just waiting for a decent day. Thanks WTT

fisherboy3 wrote:
If the stream doesnt have much aquatic vegetation, should i still use scuds? Or would they not be present?
There are always scuds in limestone stream regardless of the amount of weed growth.

Back