Lackawanna River

B

BH77flyfisher

My friend and I are rather frustrated with the Lackawanna River in the Scranton Area. We sometimes feel we'd be better off trying to club them with sticks because they aren't taking anything we're throwing them. Has anyone been catching fish on this stream and what's working?

Do a search on the board for the river or check out this "spot burn" by Wetnet. hehehehe

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14375&forum=4

I've always enjoyed the name Lackawanna.......reminds me of how my enthusiasm dies tremendously when I put in a dip of cope.

Then there is the lackawaxen.....like the finish on my car.

ba dum buh

You might check water temps. The Lackie down in Scranton must have gotten very warm in the recent heat wave.

Water temp seemed good on Sunday evening and the trout were fairly active, just got skunked. Couldn't figure out what they were taking.

try pheasant tails ;-) ;-)

Fish at night. Total blackness. Use a skittering mouse pattern, or anything by Kelly Galloup.

Stay away from the Trophy Section. It gets hammered. Go behind Redner's Market off of 7th Ave (2 cool water mine flows in that section near the old CNJRR station. Or over the flood wall next to the South Side Bowling Alley.

Brownies galore! Especially where Roaring Brook dumps in.

Maurice wrote:
Do a search on the board for the river or check out this "spot burn" by Wetnet. hehehehe

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14375&forum=4

I've always enjoyed the name Lackawanna.......reminds me of how my enthusiasm dies tremendously when I put in a dip of cope.

Then there is the lackawaxen.....like the finish on my car.

ba dum buh

Yes just drive that nail into both hands and my feet and nail me to the cross already! heeheeheehee! You are a bad Maurice! Very bad!!

Check out A&G outfitters website for dries. I don't fish them, really pheasant tails work, tie a bright hotspot at the head, so do streamers. Technique more than the fly is the secret.

Took ya long enough......

Been way to busy at work. Fished with my son on sat afternoon, check out the big fish I caught at the stream with no name. If I was vain in anyway I would have done my hair. LOL!! I had a great day!

I'll give you a clue and it works anywhere. It's called a dry dropper!

Back