L.L. Bean fly rods?

ginky,
thanks so much for the info, i looked up the website for that magazine but they didn't have a link for that article, my first fly rod was that $69 model which i upgraded to a tfo pro this year but those are 5 wts
i am interested in picking up a short 3wt as i want to start working on small stream fishing more so, i would like to stop depending on the state stocked streams and start working the class a's and so forth
i only started fly fishing last year but i've really taken to it, even if i'm not that good at it yet, lol, but seriously, i just seem to take to the long rod (even if i'm looking into a short one), today i was out on the delaware looking for bass but i just couldn't keep myself away from the mouth of a distant stream which flows into the river as i just kept picturing that trout might just be there and low and behold there were, i had the largest trout i've ever caught follow my salty spider when workin for bass so i switched it up to the worm and sinker and pulled in the biggest trout that i have ever landed, 22" rainbow, i just wish that 1. i had a camera, and 2, that i was workin the fly and not the spin, still exciting as all hell though
so what's your thoughts on the 5'9 versus the 6'6 bean streamlite 3wts
gotta love bean
thanks
chris

I think it depends on how tight the water is and how much brush you're dealing with. I think a 6'6" probably gives you enough power to chuck a big nymph or small streamer with some authority as well as presenting a dry fly like a puff of smoke. I think Bean is proving that cheap doesn't have to mean lousy. -- Incidentally, I have an Orvis 6wt streamline in my quiver for bass. -- This is an $89 rod and punches out very impressive power. Tossing big streamers well into a stillwater situation is very easy. 40-50 casts are effortless. ON the other hand, mending and changing directions can be done with a great deal of finesse. I've actually spoken with folks who prefer the streamline to the clearwater! Interesting!

Back