Knots

Hey, Canoe, looks like we are stuck on knots. Let's go with an Albright
knot next. A important knot! Not for trout! Not yet anyway!

Maxima12

I have not tied one in 25 years. Maybe we can learn together. Big to Small. With this also will involve the Bimini Twist and the Spider Hitch!

Then we head south with confidence! Way south!

Maxima12

I tutor for cheap. GG

Your on ---- Big Boy! Give us something we can hold on to! Take it along our long walk of life!

Maxima12

I'm a knot tying junkie. I know A LOT of knots but I keep my fishing knots simple. You only need a few to cover 99.9% of your needs. Now, when it comes to food and securing stuff, etc, I know many, many more and rope is one of the most useful things in this world.

For fishing, imo, all you need is a trilene or improved clinch, perfection loop, Albright knot, Palomar knot, triple surgeons, and a Duncan loop. If that doesn't cover everything you need then I'm not sure how you're fishing...

I use Uni knots for 90% of my ties. Snelling hooks, tying on lures, to leader to tippet. Easy for my old eyes and fingers to wrap. GG

Looks like we are stuck again on knots. Let's see what we can add here!

Duncan Loop Knot and Uni Knot----- The same knot! However, 2 amazing differences. Can be pulled tight to hook eye, or left with an open loop. Left with a small loop, acts like a shock absorber and less break offs by hard strikes.

Non Slip Loop Knot. What it says, a looped knot that will not slip.

Fishing streamers, clousers, articulated patterns, The loop effect allows for swing and movement of fly. As in this case why tie a non slip loop when a little added security of a sliding loop shock absorber can be utilized.

The Uni knot pulled tight to the eye, amazing knot with better strength than the clinch or improved clinch. The Uni out preforms because the clinch styles can slip and cause fish loss!

What do you know about the Orvis Knot!

Double surgeons, triple surgeons, now talk of a quad surgeons.

Isn't it cool how we take what little chance a fish has to get away, Away! Stronger, thinner, leaner and meaner! 4x tippet, 7.2 lbs.

Back