Kettle Creek Tackle shop

bikerfish

bikerfish

Phil has a website! for those that have never been, this place is great, a real candy store for fly fishers and rod builders.
http://www.kettlecreektackleshop.com/index.html

Man - Phi was the last fly shop I knew of to not get with the times.
Glad to see this.
I always stop there when I'm in the area. He often has oddball things that I can't find anywhere else

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! That was THE fly shop that got me into fishing. Seriously. 14 years old, finding that place, man...I never looked back.

Man I gotta get one (or several) of those glass blanks....those things look sweet Biker.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a 4 piece short rod for backpacking (Swattie!) this guy has them. 5 piece, 7'5" 3/4 wt rods.

One time while fishing Kettle Creek together Old Lefty and I stopped in at Phil's shop. I have NEVER seen any fly shop with more flyrods in stock. I mean he had at least 200 rods to choose from. A kid in a candy store comes to mind. I'm glad he got his website up and running. Phil knows ALOT about building flyrods and I really enjoyed talking with him.

This is one place I'd love to stop but it never seems to be open when I'm in the area. I guess I usually arrive before 9 or after 5 or am on the water during those times. Prior to the website, I couldn't have even told you the hours he was open.

Back