Kettle Creek late April

J

Jeeper

I am heading to kettle creek the last week in April. Asking for any advice on where to fish and what patterns to try to use. Feel free to send me a pm if need be.

Thanks, Gary B

Are u heading up to Potter County or staying in Clinton County? Can't go wrong with a pheasant tail on Kettle and some caddis immitations.

I've fished kettle many times in late April. You can expect to see every hatch in the book for that time period - blue quill, quill gordon , hendrickson. The apple green - or green egg-sac caddis, as called by the locals-should be on also. It's kind of unique to the north central are of PA - I've never seen it on a limestone stream.
It's large - #14, with creamy white wings, and a light green body - it really stands out when its hatching.
I may fish kettle creek then also, - I,m on vacation that week - but I've been spending more time on pine creek lately

Blue Quills, Hendricksons and Quill gordon will be hatching along with a laundry list of other flies, but they are the main hatches.

i will be fishing around the catch and release section. Near oleona... thanks should be fun!!

Back