Kayak recommendation

Here you go Dereck this will make you feel as strong as you say you are :lol: :lol:
http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=31224

Since this thread was resurrected I thought I would report back. I bought the Nucanoe Frontier 12. I haven't had any problems loading or unloading it. It's great to fish from with the elevated swivel seat and is very stable. I'm still on the uphill side of the learning curve, but it gets better each outing. It's not as convenient as jumping out of the car and pulling on a pair of waders, but I can sure cover a lot more water. So far I am happy with my choice.

Nice congrats . I just purchased a Atak 140 I can't man handle it like my last kayak since the handles are different but this yak is well worth it.

Here's my preferred river fishing boat: it's an inexpensive Mad River canoe that I modified a bit with a swivel seat and anchor. I usually paddle it like a kayak. You can fish in it and paddle it standing up (if you're careful) and it is sleek enough to paddle upriver in moderate current. It's on the heavy side and getting it up on top of my SUV takes some effort, but I've really come to like this as a fishing boat.

Attachments

• IMG_4093.JPG
    IMG_4093.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 4
Great looking boat Dave_W! If I were to get a kayak now, I would get a Perception Prodigy 12 or for a canoe (single person), get a We-no-nah.

Dave_W wrote:
Here's my preferred river fishing boat: it's an inexpensive Mad River canoe that I modified a bit with a swivel seat and anchor. I usually paddle it like a kayak. You can fish in it and paddle it standing up (if you're careful) and it is sleek enough to paddle upriver in moderate current. It's on the heavy side and getting it up on top of my SUV takes some effort, but I've really come to like this as a fishing boat.

60497491.jpg

Back