Is anyone else seeing Brookies Spawning

Please PM me which stream, dude. I need to make sure I'm not fishing behind you tomorrow.

Squatch, PM sent.

Looks like a run of the mill stocked female and very skinny. Could be post spawn, but then this is why we shouldn't be stocking brookies over wild brookies.

Chaz - There is very little chance that Brookie is stocked, given where it was caught. I suspect you've fished the stream. PM coming.

That's not a stocked fish.

I checked 2 brookie streams recently in mid-state PA. I saw a few redds and a few fish on them. But not very many.

I think that's it's tapering off. It's probably getting close to the end of the brookie spawn in mid-state and northern PA.

That's not a stocked brookie. I know where it was caught.

Here is one from the stream sarce and I fished earlier in the week. Definitely post spawn. I felt like I should have found some worms or something and dumped them in her hole, for nourishment.

From 2013-11-01

I think they are on the downside of the spawning curve, at this point..

I agree on the downside of the spawn assessment. Almost all the brookies I caught Tuesday evening, and this evening, were emaciated looking. One this evening almost looked more like an eel than a trout.

Back