Interesting Visitor

sandfly

sandfly

Had an Interesting visitor today looking for advise. Dave Rothrock stopped by looking for help on where to fish Pine. Had a nice visit with him. Sent him up the river packing...lol..

You didn't spot burn Asaph did you?

Naw just sent him to a spot with carp...LOL>>>LOL>>>

nice i hope he catches em all so they have lock jaw when i get up that way for the jam....

Hmmm. Asking where to fish Pine...

I don't know the guy, but did a search... This is from his website.

Fly Fishing the Pine Creek Valley

This program covers the most productive and well-known streams that make up the Pine Creek Valley. Here he concentrates on Big Pine Creek and its major tributaries—Little Pine Creek, Slate Run, and Cedar Run. Tactics for fishing these streams and their major hatches are discussed.

Maybe he should give you a cut from his "trout fishing programs."

http://www.salmo-trutta.com/presentations/trout-fishing-programs.php

Even if you know a river well, every year is different, and consulting the locals is ALWAYS a good idea, assuming you trust the local.

Actually, I know Pine. I was inquiring about whether fish had been observed rising. My friend and I were at Tiadaghton access earlier and there were flies hatching from 10 a.m. until we left at 4 p.m. I saw one rise.

I figured since we were heading up Bob"s way I'd stop in and get the up-to-the-moment scoop on what was happening. I even asked him about a specific spot on the river. I'll admit I did ask Bob where Marsh Creek enters Pine 'cause I wasn't sure how far below the bridge it flowed before it hit Pine. It ain't far when you look down from Rt. 362 once you start up the grade.

I even welcomed Bob to the "Stent Club" not knowing he's wwaaayy ahead of me on that count. He should have welcomed me when I had my bout with the heart issue!

It was a good visit and I enjoyed it.

Dave R.

Curious, you guys know what your stents are made out of??

OldLefty and Sandfly? Pretty sure their stents are made of 100% pure crust.

;-)

pcray, for all I know gfen could be right. On the other hand, it could be the same material my credit card is made of. Or, it could be something else. As long as it works I'm o.k. with it; however, if gfen is right it not only affects blood flow it explains my personality changes as well. And all this time I thought it was old age...

Dave R.

OldLefty wrote:
As long as it works I'm o.k. with it; however, if gfen is right it not only affects blood flow it explains my personality changes as well. And all this time I thought it was old age...

The stents might be crust, but the blood is 100% **** and vinegar. ;-)

We all have our ways to describe charm, I'd prefer to not know what's said about mine.

Was just asking cause we make some, well, the steel for some anyway. Believe there are some made of titanium, and some of some sort of fabric as well.

OldLefty wrote:
Actually, I know Pine. I was inquiring about whether fish had been observed rising. My friend and I were at Tiadaghton access earlier and there were flies hatching from 10 a.m. until we left at 4 p.m. I saw one rise.

I figured since we were heading up Bob"s way I'd stop in and get the up-to-the-moment scoop on what was happening. I even asked him about a specific spot on the river. I'll admit I did ask Bob where Marsh Creek enters Pine 'cause I wasn't sure how far below the bridge it flowed before it hit Pine. It ain't far when you look down from Rt. 362 once you start up the grade.

I even welcomed Bob to the "Stent Club" not knowing he's wwaaayy ahead of me on that count. He should have welcomed me when I had my bout with the heart issue!

It was a good visit and I enjoyed it.

Dave R.

Lefty, at the time I wrote my earlier response, I didn't know that you were Dave R. However, someone did inform my by PM and I didn't feel a need to edit.

I did suspect that Sandfly might be just messing with a friend. With that in mind, I tried to write my response so that it would play along whether he was messing with you or not.

No more harm intended thanSandfly intended. ;-)

Yo should still give him a cut from that program even if it is just chicken feed. :lol:

FarmerDave, love your response and I figured you knew that snadfly was just messing with a friend. If Bob would have told you how I almost fell for one of his stories you would have laughed so hard you wouldn't have been able to remain upright and in rotflmao. But, I'll leave that up to him ;-)

Dave R.

Dave I'm going to write a book titled

"BROOK TROUT AND THE CHICKENS"

I think i have all the different stents now since I have 9, I know there are 3 metal ones in the upper heart, 4 of the frabric ( look like corsair tubing ) in the legs and the 2 new ones I'm not sure about.

Bob, on the book...I'll be patiently waiting.

Dave R.

Dave: Bob told me he's going to let you fish the chicken coup pool
for those Brookies.

Yeah, LouM, but did he tell you what he's going to charge me?

Dave R.

Things have gone kfluwy if Dave is asking Sandfly where to fish.

Back