indiana pa locations?

Sorry really late on this one. Yep was at IUP back in the day and couldn't agree more about checking in with Woody at Indiana Angler.

A little further out it isn't hard to find Little Mahoning Creek. Cut my teeth out that way and enjoyed a lot of time with Ron Kolman fly fishing there. Really have not been there in a long time and couldn't say how it has been lately. I would put it on my list to go check it out.

Even if the Little Mahoning fly project is "poached out", its still an awesome stream to be. Pack a lunch, bring a camera, and don't worry about catching fish...it speaks for itself.

Im going to hit two lick up tomorrow and walk up pretty far from 119

Nice, there is good water up that way. look for overhead power lines...then keep walking.

If i jump off 119 at the bend, walk up around then bend aways how far do you think i should go?

Go as far as you like. Theres no honey hole with 38" tiger trout swimming around, but as far as fishing goes the further off the beaten path, the better. Ill be visiting over easter weekend and thinking about hittin up twolick

wetflytacoma wrote:

You might want to check the regulations before you do that.
Last I knew, two lick is an ATW - which means it's currently closed to fishing until opening day

dryflyguy wrote:
wetflytacoma wrote:

Last I knew, two lick is an ATW - which means it's currently closed to fishing until opening day

Two Lick itself is not an ATW, but South Branch Two Lick Creek is, SBTL flows into Two Lick above the reservoir.

PennKev wrote:
dryflyguy wrote:
wetflytacoma wrote:

Two Lick itself is not an ATW, but South Branch Two Lick Creek is, SBTL flows into Two Lick above the reservoir.

Yeah - I wasn't sure of they stocked the main stem of two lick or not.

Even at that though , I would still consider it a gray area. In our annual "what's legal to fish before opening day" thread, Mike stated that any part of a stream with the same name, and in the same county is off limits to to fishing before opening day - even if said part just abuts the section that's stocked.
I guess you could argue that the north branch, south branch, and main stem have different names. On the other hand though, they're all part of two lick creek

Twolick below the dam is not stocked at all by PFBC. The Stream is stocked privately. Fish are not to be kept. There is absolutely no regulation by PFBC.
The story goes - or so I've heard - the lake is maintained as a private recreational lake. They do not committ to any type of dam release schedule as their main focus is keeping the lake at appropriate levels for boating/skiing/tubing. Due to the lack of cooperation PFBC said F*U* with regards to stocking trout and in my opinion the stream is better off for it.

I got soaked with noo luck.. whatever got too use my new redington waders and rise reel so im happy!

dreamsofstreams wrote:
Twolick below the dam is not stocked at all by PFBC. The Stream is stocked privately. Fish are not to be kept. There is absolutely no regulation by PFBC.
The story goes - or so I've heard - the lake is maintained as a private recreational lake. They do not committ to any type of dam release schedule as their main focus is keeping the lake at appropriate levels for boating/skiing/tubing. Due to the lack of cooperation PFBC said F*U* with regards to stocking trout and in my opinion the stream is better off for it.

That's interesting.
I knew that someone was stocking it. And it should be. It's a nice tailrace that stays cold all summer

in regard to the private stocking, the past few years it has recieved fingerling stocked along with adult fish. There is also a fair amount of natural reproduction. Two Lick is really a decent stream considering similar trout fishing opportunities are lacking in the Indiana area and also its history of mine drainage issues.

Kev

^^^agree with PennKev. I still have my fingerling stocking program buttons from Whites Variety. That strwam is an awesome stream. It seems as if no one bothers with this stream as much as Ferriers Run or other local streams, which is fine. I remember days fishing with my dad there all day and never seeing a person. Hopefully that wont change. Im coming hme for easter and i think ill be visiting two lick during the trip...

Two Lick Anglers Association stocks it along with the Homer City Plant. Heres an article:http://www.coldwaterheritage.org/docs/2005-grantees/two-lick-creek.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Back