how many builders out there?

That's why I posted that link. That's the guy that builds on those blanks. Unless you cast them, you'll just be getting someone else's opinion. Call him and ask if he has any you can cast - I'm pretty sure some of his own rods are built on Dancraft blanks. He might be able to get you a deal on the rest of the components, too.

Cool ed - thanks..i wasn't sure how a builder would react to a question like that (since i wouldn't be giving him the building business).

I'll call him and see :) and yes - i'll mention his singing and blame it on you if he is insulted hehe

Oh, he'll be insulted alright, but he'll cuss me, not you! If you want, I'll go along with you since I know where he lives - it isn't easy to find.

I have a hunch it might not cost you much more to have him build it, as opposed to getting the components yourself.

fyi - got this from Dan Craft this morning:

"The FTL would be slightly softer than the XP but I am currently out of the FTL905-6. The FTXL905-4 would be a good match for the XP."

I've been trying to call Big Daddy - keep getting a busy signal... I'm hoping he has an FTXL to try....I'll let you know when i get in touch with Randy (aka big daddy)

trowpa,

For what my amateur opinion is worth, my opinion is that the 9' FT blanks are very simular to sage XPs. The 10' FT and the FT Lights are more moderate action. No idea on the XLs

Also, these blanks come close when I have measured their ERN and AA....agian many people poo poo this but I have found it somewhat useful.

I would also say that the Batson RX8+ are very nice fast blanks, I actually prefer them a bit to the FTs. Can't go wrong with either.

The brand name manufacturers jack up the price on their blanks to protect the price of their finished rods.

Back