How Long?

Aw hell. I forgot what I wuz gonna say. :-o

Oh yea....now I remember. Somebody mentioned something about tying a fly a minute. That's where those 45 cent flies come from.

BTW.....the Blue Quill is on. The Quill Gordon is on. The Grannom is on. Why am I here posting you might ask? Well....let's just say that the Pine feels a whole lot colder than 46 degrees and I just ordered a wading staff from Cabelas. :lol: Nuff said.

Festus wrote:
That's where those 45 cent flies come from....

If the price has come down that far, I'll take a dozen.

Festus wrote:
Oh yea....now I remember. Somebody mentioned something about tying a fly a minute. That's where those 45 cent flies come from.

That was me. The fly I’m referring to is tied with 3 materials, plastic eyes, marabou tail and chenille. It’s like a wooly bugger without the hackle. If the materials are laid out you get a GOOD fly in less than a minute. Can you believe that people pay 4.25 for it? By the way that’s not my price that’s the shops price I get 2.65 a fly to tie it. Never did understand why it costs sooo much.

MattM,
I'm guessing that Guiness sets up something of a variable in your tying time. :-D
Coughlin

'Nother time saver,......Griffs Thin Coat, syringe, and preparing the material for the number of flies you plan on tying.

I agree with everyone on taking your time, I was tying for the shop the week before season and was tying some flies 6 an hour. now that the stock is up I can take my time...I know guys who take all day to tie one fly just to make it perfect...

I average 6 flies lost a day...not because i get materials cheap but because I'm getting the fly to the fishes level (ie bottom, under roots, etc..)

Back