Hemostats/Forceps Do You Use Them?

Gfen: that's not 100% true. I have put streamers into my leg and nymphs into my thumb only to pull them out. I just consider it a part of fishing. Sometimes I push the hook all the way through and cut it and sometimes I just yank it out. Hurts a little for a little.

The forceps would work much better than needle nose pliers for getting hooks out of the fishes' mouth for sure. So I will invest in a set.

fadeaway263 wrote:
From what I am reading Prof is an elitist. Hemos have a place

No one has supported your personal attack on Prof. That's yours alone. You own that.

We've been discussing HEMOSTATS.

IMHO, the personal attacks should be deleted.

Absolutely invaluable. I have mine on a Simms coil retractor. Never lost it yet. Also never need to touch the fish or take it out of the water. How does one get the hook out of a fishes gullet without the use of this type of tool. I guess you can cut it off and leave it.

Keep up the attack Fade.... TB wouldn't know a joke if it bit him in the butt. At this point I believe your right Fade. The vote is in. There's one in every crowd. Funny thing is... it's usually me.

i keep one pair clipped to a vest pocket flap.
i keep a hemo/scissor combo(whatever that's called!)on a zinger.

i try not to play a fish till it needs resuscitation ,and just reach down the tippet to the hook and flip it off.fast and easy and i try never to touch the fish or bring any more than a bit above water.

Q:how can you tell if someone fishes barbless?
A:they tell you,over,and over,and over(like vegans)

haha JK!!!! :)

there's a way to take a swallowed #18 out of a gill or a gullet. hemoststs and barbless hooks.

shakey wrote:

i try not to play a fish till it needs resuscitation ,and just reach down the tippet to the hook and flip it off.fast and easy and i try never to touch the fish or bring any more than a bit above water.

Ditto on the 1st part and laugh'n like hell on the Q n A!!

shakey wrote:

Interestingly, two-handed casters seem to be the same way ;-)

Back