Good rods for chucking big meat?

Hardy Zenith is the best I have found

on the cheap side my trusty old redington pursuit 8wt has been awesome especially for the price as a combo.

on the other hand i just got my hands on a mystic 10' 7wt m series, and a 7wt rio gold with it. only cast it with the line, but as for first cast thoughts the rod is definitely fast, and cant wait to get some weight on the end of the leader(should slow it down a bit), too bad everything bigger water wise is blown! though the lake is filling up with spawning bass so that will be the real test arena.

Arod was good until he got caught twice. Silly Baseball Player, Steriods are for Animals.

Pontus wrote:
I thought I would have wanted a 7 weight... I regularly fish a Cabelas 3 Forks 6 wt and I've never had a problem with that either.

Not that relevant, but I actually find my Cabela's 3 Forks 6 weight casts better with a 7 weight line.

Check our "RISE" (Only online) I have a 10wt by them that I've teamed up with a Clearwater II Reel. Weight and balance very nice. Looking forward to abt 30 days away when I'll be a fishing the Salmon River.

Really like my Echo Ion 10' 6wt for big streamers. The "extra" foot really helps me in mending line and setting hooks from a distance. At $189.99 (list), it's not a budget-buster, either.

The Old Sage RPL+ 590-2 is my favorite 6wt meat/junk rod.

Orvis Helios

ugly stick big water.

I saved up and got the 7wt SC Bank Robber and paired it with a Kraken. What an amazing setup. I took it to a striper tourney I fished in the fall since some of the guys like fishing schoolies because they're to old to hop rocks. I was throwing 6-8" articulated flies into some hefty winds like they were muddlers. The biggest I caught was 26" and I never felt like the rod was in any danger.

Back