Flies needed for the JAM

That might be the case for Friday, but I'm going to be the optimist and say that Spring will be fishing well by Saturday and Sunday. I am however tying streamers with big lead heads tonight, so that shows how well my optimism is lol.

bring lots of lead for penns creek.

FOR SALE 2-10 OZ. PYRAMID SALT WATER SINKERS. GET THEM WHILE THEY LAST.....................LOL..................................

sandfly wrote:
FOR SALE 2-10 OZ. PYRAMID SALT WATER SINKERS. GET THEM WHILE THEY LAST.....................LOL..................................

When I was up on Spring two weeks ago even LouM's secret fly did not have enough lead to keep it down. It would lift as the leader started to drag and as it came up a trout would chase it but not strike. Never thought I would suggest Lou needs to add more lead.

lou has enough lead, normally in his depends..

JAM is almost 2 weeks away. There's been many questions on flies needed for the JAM and this refreshed thread should help. Most people are going to safely assume we have a good chance at seeing the Green Drakes too. There's a nice thread in the Fly Tying section specifically on those too.

See you guys soon!

Good bump ry.

Yes, this year, things much earlier. Betting the March Brown's will be done or close to it, but I'd have a few on hand anyway.

Sulphers will be everywhere. Have yellow bodied duns in 14-18 focusing on 16's. Emergers, PT nymphs and rusty spinners in the same sizes. Green Drakes on Penns is a very good possibility. At least some, whether we hit the "peak" or not is tough to predict as it only lasts a few days in each location, but we'll be close and I'm betting there'll be a few drakes around.

I guess I'd better whip up some size 2 black sculpins. :-D

Boyer

MattBoyer wrote:

Boyer

Better whip up about 20 dozen so everyone can have a few!

ryguyfi wrote:
MattBoyer wrote:

Boyer

Better whip up about 20 dozen so everyone can have a few!

Who am I kidding? I'll probably end up running out of tying time and try to trade beer for flies. ;-)

Boyer

Just looked at the accuweather long term forecast. Way too far out to take to the bank, but looks about right.

Attachments

• jam weather.JPG
    jam weather.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 3
What's that yellow thing on the 19th?

There's still time for it to color in.

Not that it would matter if that verified. The fish wouldn't see the strange yellow thing anyway, and we'd all be tossin black sculpins towards stumps that are normally dry.

anybody have any new guesses since it has returned to very warm??

you would be crazy not to have any green drakes in your box! sulphurs, caddis, and of course some cool soft hackles for those in the know!

Since this thread is for the flies for the jam I thought it was ok. Just wondering if I should tie a few more of these. Its a pattern from Mike Heck Spring Creek Strategies book. BWO Baitis nymph.

Attachments

• P4270810.JPG
    P4270810.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 3
  • P4270811.JPG
    P4270811.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 3
http://thefeatheredhook.com/stream.html

Get Ready!

I'll refresh this from 2 years ago. We're a month out today, so hit the vices!

Back