Fit Over Sunglasses

S

Sylvaneous

ANy recommendations beyond Cocoons? I got another pair of 'spectacles' that JAAAAAST don't fit under my current fit overs. The ones I have are kinda generic. I'm in the market.
Thanks guys.
Syl

I have used Solar Shield (they are spring on vs clip on) from wally world they have worked ok when i was unable to wear contacts and needed to wear glasses. Not very expensive worth the expense for me to try I think they are less than $20.
I found them at my local store.
DO a search for Solar Shield on their web site and they will come up.

I have used Solar Shield (they are spring on vs clip on) from wally world they have worked ok when i was unable to wear contacts and needed to wear glasses. Not very expensive worth the expense for me to try I think they are less than $20.
I found them at my local store.
DO a search for Solar Shield on their web site and they will come up.
I used to use these before I got script sunglasses. Walmart carried them.

ANy recommendations beyond Cocoons? I got another pair of 'spectacles' that JAAAAAST don't fit under my current fit overs. The ones I have are kinda generic. I'm in the market.
Thanks guys.
Syl

Have you looked at buying another pair of Cocoons fitovers because they are sized and they offer 8 different sizes in fitovers.

If you wear eyeglasses all the time, another option is a pair of Cocoons polarized flip-ups.

I've been using flip-up for fishing with & without eyeglasses for decades and love them because when I'm in a shady place, I just flip them up and out of the way. Now that I wear eyeglasses most of the time, Cocoons flip-ups are my only sunglasses. BTW - The flip-ups are sized as well.

FWIW - If you go the Cocoon flip-up route they offer a nice little hard case that you can use to store them that works just fine for me and my wife despite the claim that they are for the clip-on's, not the flip-ups.

Finally if you ever have an issue, Cocoon's customer service is fantastic.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I second Bamboozle recommendation above. I had a couple nice pair of Hostas & Smiths ( now I have to get rid of them and really liked them)but had to start wearing glasses a couple months ago. my eye doctor ,who is also a fly fisherman wears them(Coocoons). they work great and are much cheaper than Hostas and other brands, My wife also loves the fit overs. I use the flipups. for fishing. They come in a wide range of lens colors.

I've used cocoons for at least 25 years but in a pinch wally-world has come to rescue.

I've been using Cocoons every since I had to switch over to wearing glasses fulltime. I just checked I have four different color lenses for different fishing conditions. One thing I've done with them is black out the clear side panels. I found it improved what I can see in the water.

Back