Fishing Trips

If you have the time and a reliable car would head west. My wife and I fished Rocky Mountain National park the last week of April last year and had a blast. We didn't catch a lot of fish but in that setting who really cares. Also, if you plan to stay in PA, you will have plenty of opportunities to fish NC PA .

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Harman's Cabins in WV. They seem to get praised a lot in this forum. I've never been there myself, but from everything I've read I'd like to give them a try one of these days...

JeffK gave good advice... be flexible and go where conditions are good.

I know its not what you were originally thinking, but as others have suggested, if you can get it together to go out West, just go. Don't think twice. You won't regret it, even if you spend a little more than you want to. You are as free of responsibility as you will ever be and you are young and fit. This is the time to go West, if you can. Look into CO, Northern UT, WY, ID and MT and Yellowstone. You may want to go a little later into than April if you go out West.

SNP is an awesome place too, the brook trout are fat and happy. I would also think seriously about Central PA you got the big 4 and plenty of small streams in the area, there are state parks and other campgrounds too.

Good luck and enjoy!

Drive up to northern Michigan. Great area with a ton of free places to camp streamside. Enough water that you couldn't fish in a lifetime all within a couple hours. Wherever you decide, go for a destination that you won't be able to easily access once you're neck deep in the "real world".

Back