Fishing small streams

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
Here is a link to an nice article about fly-fishing small streams. A lot of solid advice. The author is from Wales, UK, but streams are streams and fish are fish.

http://www.gwentanglingsociety.co.uk/articles/articles/fishing_small_streams.html

great article, very helpful.

What a fantastic read, along with inspirational photography. Thank you so much for the post!

Great read. There are also some good videos on wading and fly tying too.

Thanks afish

Interesting video. Wonder how many times he said the word "control". All I could think of was how much more control he would have had with a wading staff.

Pretty cool..........small streams are my favorite , here i'm not sure the stream in those pictures would qualify as small. Good fly selection he's got there , i think they'd work on any small stream here too , one thing though , i try to stay out of the water on our small streams as much as i can. GOOD STUFF AFish!!!

Yes. I agree. Great article and thanks for posting it. As much as I like the bigger water at times. It's always nice to fish the smaller stuff I learned on.

Since my hands and eyes limit my ability to tie anyone know where I can buy the KLINKHAMER SPECIAL? I gogled it but see no online sores to buy either of the first 2 flies mention in the article.

Orvis has them and they are having GIANT FLY SALE!!! 25% off I believe.

Klinks are great fly pattern and deserves a spot in everyone's fly box, IMO.

Here's the link:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=02BX

Good fishing.

That article was very helpful! Thanks for posting it.

Great Article, good aspect.

It seems strange to fish a small stream without the hope of catching any wild brookies :roll:

I have already been reminded. Brook trout are not the only wild trout and I have kept that reminder with me. If you're fishing wild browns put your game face on. To be elated in Portugal was to catch a brown over 20cm. They don't hit the same, they're spooky and nothing about them is easy. Picky, picky..sip and lay..but what a treat to hook on.

Did you buy a new net yet?

I know they arent, but they are the Pennsylvanian icon of a wild fish. Just as the green backs are the icon of the midwest.

And i dont recall being in need of a new net why do you ask?

Great article of course but couldn't help but to see the Weather for Abergavenny on the right hand side.. Damn, can't they send some of that our way. =D

Back