fishermen ever see a fisher?

I've never seen one in my travels. Are they in the badger family? Kind of resembles one. Mean looking!

wildtrout2 wrote:
I've never seen one in my travels. Are they in the badger family? Kind of resembles one. Mean looking!
The fisher is a LARGE member of the weasel family. The largest member of the family is the wolverine! I read a story one time where TWO wolverines chased a grizzly bear off of a moose kill! IMO all members of the weasel family have bad attitudes! Pound for pound the toughest animals in the world.

A dead one appear on my grandfathers farm ~10 years ago in perry county PA. It didn't have any wounds maybe it died of old age.

I have seen a mink on penns creek 2 years in a row at the same place on the stream

I've seen several weasels in West Virginia

Interesting animal... Tree weasel!

I have gotten pictures of them on my trail cameras

Have seen them at my place in New Hampshire but not in Pa.

yes, I've seen them, they are bad *** animals, they EAT porcupines!

They are more and more common in SW PA. They are very mean. Their main prey choice is a porquipine. I believe a few of them were introduced in the area to help control the porqupine population. They are cool to watch. I believe they are similar to the pine martin, as well.

They are not extremly rare but i belive you need a specail tag for them to trap them and they have a relativly short trapping season.

They were extirpated from PA back in the day. They were reintroduced in the 1990s, not very long ago.

That little guy is badass.

I thought they looked more like big minks.

Sandfly is that a stock photo or an actual picture from a Pa stream?!?!?

It seem to me every photo of them on this thread they are showing their teeth.

Is it a Marten or what that I have been observing on the banks of the Lackawanna this year? Had one running straight at me today, untill it looked up. sure changed directions quickly! (Yeah, I get that a lot ;-) )

picture from a guy here that traps, he had 2 bobcats and the fisher that morning.

Back