Fishermans Paradise

Today they would be whining for a third sex section

littlejuniata wrote:

If you look at the second postcard to the left (the two stone walls)that may be the beginningof the diverson of water to the ladies stream, which was almost at the very downstream end of the main Paradise, where it reenterd the stream was nearly the bottom boundry if I remember correctly

I'm not sure, but I also think that picture shows the diversion dam, for the channel shown in the first postcard.

The channel may have been just routed behind the hatchery just for the womens and children section. Or the channel may have fed water into the hatchery. Then maybe the women and children fished a return flow channel coming out of the hatchery?

Little J, in the second photo, you see two buildings there. Is one of those the present Stackhouse building? And was there a second building that was since torn down?

A little while back a local guy did a program for the historical society and he had photos of the construction of "The Paradise." It showed a steam shovel working in a newly constructed, still dry stream channel. And a lot of the original structures were built by inmates at the prison.

Back