Fish ladder for PO Damn

SBecker

SBecker

We (LRSA) are going to take the next step and meet with our lawyers and Insurance company about the Alaskan fish ladder on the Pohopoco Dam and decide the feasibility of the project and if we should own it or find a larger organization to take ownership. Palmerton Borough does not want anything to do with it even though it is there dam. They also do not want us to work with the PFBC on this project. Hopefully after next months meeting we will have a little better outlook on the fish ladder. Removing of the damn will almost never happen because that is where Palmerton gets their water supply from. Also, they would not allow us to go for the grant to do the fish ladder if we were going to work on it with the PFBC. Think they are hiding something or are afraid in the end the PFBC will force them to tear the dam down.

Sounds like a tremendous project. It stinks that the township will not agree to allowing PFBC to assist as I imagine they have tremendous resources in design, plan, implementation and maintenance of the ladder.

PS: If you can edit the title of your post I would correct it to dam.

Wow how did I do that LOL Damn

Any talk about removing water yet from Beltzille(? is it) for Shale drilling yet?

I have not heard anything about removing of water from Beltzville for the shale drilling. Maybe LehighRegular or someone in the LCFA knows something about that and can answer it for you.

I have not heard of this yet. The PFBC AFM (Dave Arnold) should be on top of this if there is any truth to this occuring.

LRSA=? is it some kind of conservation group? Not knowing what LRSA means makes me IGNORANT of the facts. Educate me. Being a self proclaimed moron also i beleive absolves me of not understanding the mouth breathing aspect of moronism , if possible explain that for me too. THANKS. Breathing through my nose right now........O.

osprey wrote:
LRSA=? is it some kind of conservation group? Not knowing what LRSA means makes me IGNORANT of the facts. Educate me. Being a self proclaimed moron also i beleive absolves me of not understanding the mouth breathing aspect of moronism , if possible explain that for me too. THANKS. Breathing through my nose right now........O.

Hope this helps...such you are from western PA, absolves you from knowing what the LRSA stands for :)

Mission Statement
The Lehigh River Stocking Association is a nonprofit, 501C-3 public organization dedicated to the restoration, revitalization and restocking of trout in the Lehigh River. Our goal is the continuous improvement of this waterway and its tributaries through active conservation projects and trout stocking programs. Our objectives are to insure clean water, a healthy and balanced ecosystem, an abundant fishery and access points for all citizens to enjoy. This will be to the benefit of all interests; including the businesses located throughout this region, the sportsmen and the people of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This project has been ongoing for two decades with great success. We need and ask for your support for this non-profit program to continue.

Hey, I live in Ohio and ven I knew what LRSA was.

As for your latest Avatar...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hey farmer I have a Britt as well, whats is your dogs name?

Back