First try at Articulated streamers. I may join the darkside

• Thread starter mike_richardson
  • Start date
Mike, I will apologize in advance. I enjoy your ties and most are very good, but honestly is your name #ScottP on the Drake forum ? If you want to tell people you are selling stuff, just say it. Sorry again if this offends anyone, but this kind of thing GETS OLD.

ScottP is a damn good tyer. love viewing his patterns

I am not ScottP, nor am I trying to sell anything on this page. I don't even know what the drake forum is, to be honest.

I don't need to get an order from this page as my list is long enough as it is LOL. I don't want to say that I sell them on this page as that is not why I come to paflyfish.

I enjoy posting patterns, recipes, and things of that nature that I come up with or have success with. I like getting feedback. I have given many members some Lively Legz and such to try out and tie with, and have a few more that I still need to send legz to. I enjoy learning new techniques and such, and giving back.

This is one of the reasons that I left the page 2 years ago. I am not pushing my flies, or anything. Just trying to learn just like anyone else. I love tying flies, and have a lot of passion for it.

If guys that sell flies are not allowed to post on this page let me know and I will be done for good. I just happen to tie flies about every night. I enjoy sharing the flies that I come up with and feel that some on the page may want the recipes and such, so is share them.

I don't tie flies to sell for the money, most of what I make goes right back into new materials and trying new things. I tie them for the friendships, and relationships you form. I help out a lot of new tyers, and have sent material to many at no cost to them. Ive donated flies to many benefits and auction to help those in need.

I apologize if my fly posts are "old", I try not to even show my logo and such on the pictures and if you look at this one, I cover it up as best I can.

I am in now way shape or form trying to pick up sales from this page. I have a hard enough time keeping up with word of mouth, and facebook orders. I just want to share my love for tying, and creating patterns and such with others. If that is not allowed on this page, please delete my account.

pro4mance wrote:
Mike, I will apologize in advance. I enjoy your ties and most are very good, but honestly is your name #ScottP on the Drake forum ? If you want to tell people you are selling stuff, just say it. Sorry again if this offends anyone, but this kind of thing GETS OLD.

Fairly certain Mike is not ScottP. Not sure what is being posted that you consider out of bounds. Mike has posted some nice ties that have generated some discussion. Is it that some of the pictures have a little thing in the background that says Richarson fly company? I don't understand what the big deal is. Not much different then someone that works for orvis writing product reviews pimping the latest orvis rod. Not like anyone is posting go to my website and buy my stuff.

Frankly I dont care what anyone does with the flies they post on here. Sell them, fishing them, give them away as long as the discussion is about the ties and the techniques and not a for sale ad I really dont care. But that's my opinion.

Edit: Looks like mike responded before I finished posting this. Ohh well I will leave it be anyways.

pro4mance wrote:

Jump to conclusions much? This sort of thing could have got worked out over a private message.

I used Senyo's Intruder Trailer Wire to tie up a bunch of articulated streamers two years ago. Didn't use them once that year, as I was using older patterns, the next year the wire just snapped on all of them.

Literally have 2 dozen articulated flies in two pieces.

The unused wire had even aged in its package (neither saw day light expect when in use to tie, not sure if that would be a factor)

DO NOT BUY! I had two packages go bad that were unused within a year.

mike_richardson wrote:
I am not ScottP, nor am I trying to sell anything on this page. I don't even know what the drake forum is, to be honest.

I don't need to get an order from this page as my list is long enough as it is LOL. I don't want to say that I sell them on this page as that is not why I come to paflyfish.

I enjoy posting patterns, recipes, and things of that nature that I come up with or have success with. I like getting feedback. I have given many members some Lively Legz and such to try out and tie with, and have a few more that I still need to send legz to. I enjoy learning new techniques and such, and giving back.

This is one of the reasons that I left the page 2 years ago. I am not pushing my flies, or anything. Just trying to learn just like anyone else. I love tying flies, and have a lot of passion for it.

If guys that sell flies are not allowed to post on this page let me know and I will be done for good. I just happen to tie flies about every night. I enjoy sharing the flies that I come up with and feel that some on the page may want the recipes and such, so is share them.

I don't tie flies to sell for the money, most of what I make goes right back into new materials and trying new things. I tie them for the friendships, and relationships you form. I help out a lot of new tyers, and have sent material to many at no cost to them. Ive donated flies to many benefits and auction to help those in need.

I apologize if my fly posts are "old", I try not to even show my logo and such on the pictures and if you look at this one, I cover it up as best I can.

I am in now way shape or form trying to pick up sales from this page. I have a hard enough time keeping up with word of mouth, and facebook orders. I just want to share my love for tying, and creating patterns and such with others. If that is not allowed on this page, please delete my account.

mike_richardson,
Please check your PM.

Mike I apologize for riling everybody up, was having a bad day. Norm, I too enjoy ScottP's ties and have tied some of his patterns. Norm

Back