DHALO stockings

T

TroutBuster

Looks like alot of the DHALO stream sections are supposed to be getting stocked this week around my area (Allegheny County)... Do you think they will go through with the stocking with all the snow still around??

If so, anyone planning on hitting up the streams this weekend?? I don't have much time to travel for fishing so this will be my first chance to get out on the streams this year. Looking forward to it!

check pfbc for trout stockings. It will say delayed under time if it is delayed. They stocked a creek near me today at 10. Think i might head up.

I think there's a good chance the stocking will occur. Most of the reg water stockings in my neck of the woods went off a couple weeks ago despite very heavy snow levels. I think much will depend on the accesibility of the particular water. If on private land requiring passage of the stocking truck down a dirt farm road or something like this, then maybe bets are off.

I helped stock Clear Shade today. It was crazy. I never did anything like this before with all the snow. Near the stream the snow was waist deep and at least 3 ft. of ice on the water. You had to bust through the ice or give them a good and accurate throw to hit the water between the ice. I went into the water a bunch of times up to my knee to push the fish that landed on the ice instead of hitting the water. It was at that point that leaving the waders in the truck turned out to be a mistake. But on the other hand with all the running of buckets you didn't have a chance to get cold. Also, the guy from the Fish and Game Commission said they are coming to stock no matter how much snow because they have to get rid of the fish.

You are a good man. Guess I should look up the date for the local here. I know its next week but not sure exactly.

Tom,

Meadow this Friday, Laurel Hill this Saturday, and Loyalhanna next Saturday.

Saturday? that sucks...I saw the 13th but didn't look what day that was. thanks

Why not worry about stocking schedules? I don't follow the truck but if you go sometime to help you will notice that most of the guys who show up to stock are older and could use some youth. If it wasn't for a few younger guys to help today I am not sure they could have done it. Sometimes you have to take time out of your busy schedule to do some volunteer work because the older generation won't be around forever. I have noticed on the sunny warm days they have plenty of help but on days like today they need the help. Even if you don't have to worry about stocking schedules.

I'd be happy to help, but stocking schedules usually coincide with work schedules. Thats why the younger guys don't help much.

I don't fish on stocking days. I don't see the point. The good thing about Saturday is that my kids like to help so that's good. The bad part is they are usually the reason Saturdays are bad.

zem wrote:
Why not worry about stocking schedules? /quote]
Because I want to have nothing to do with stocked fish. I don't fish for them and couldn't care less about them. Yes, pleasure for many fisherman, but also the displeasure of many native/wild fish, and their demise in many cases. I guess this was my "RANT" for the day. :lol:

anyone in or around the pittsburgh area interested in getting out this weekend im headding to meadow run and or laurel hill maybe dunbar saturday morning we can meet or ride together

What area are those streams in?

Only an hour south TB. Easy shot on the Tpike for you...

Not too bad.... I've never really travelled south for fishing... may have to expand my horizons...

Just FYI, I received an e-mail from TCO that the Tully TU is planning to float stock the SR water below the dam and needs help.

The date time, and place listed on the FBC site is 3/11 @ 12:45 pm at the Corps of Engineers Office at Blue Marsh Dam Office-RT183.

Back