Dead trout on Pine

Brad, any sense whether some or most of the fish were stocked, were they all stocked, were there some wild fish? I downloaded thePine Creek management plan a couple of weeks ago and though about post the link. For the most part I think it's a sound plan, however, something needs to be done at the Galeton Dam to allow fish passage to both branches. I can't believe that wasn't part of the deal when the town made repairs a few years back.

One thing the management plan does acknowledge is that wild trout are found really far down the drainage, and that all the tributaries hold wild trout.
Another thing is that there are no changes going to be made to the plan, but it isn't set in stone and is open to comment.

"The Pine Creek Fisheries Management Plan is designed to guide future actions by the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission (PFBC) and aid other stakeholders by providing information and information needs about these valuable resources. Ultimately, it is the goal of the management plan to protect, conserve and enhance the aquatic resources of and provide fishing opportunities on the Pine Creek.
The plan is currently in draft form, and the Commission is soliciting comments before finalizing the plan."

I'd say we have an excellent example of something in the plan that should be changed, namely the dam should have a fish ladder.

Back