Crooked Spine Brookies

Jack get your glasses checked. :)

yeah, I guess that's a fry? I was pretty amazed I saw it as I was exiting the creek. If you click on it will enlarge.

JackM wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty certain it was just a malformation birth defect.

Am I the only one who cannot see a trout in the photo posted by jbomb?

Jack, I initially had the same problem, when you click on the picture, just the upper left quarter of the picture fills up the screen. The trout is just below that. But if you right click and select "view image" it is clear.

Yes that was the issue.

I just didn't want anyone thinking you were blind and dumb. :lol:

JackM.....Your reply should be WHAaaaaT and then i say "OH MY GOD HE'S DEAF TOO!!!! since this is pretty much a general fly fishing thread i think it should be moved to the OT thread..........heh.

Hmmm,
Ever read 'A Plague of Frogs'?

TYoung wrote:
If that fish got whirling disease, it would probably have died long before it got that big. That is a decent sized brookie. Fish tend to contract and die from whirling disease when there younger.

Yes, they tend to die young, but it's not inevitable. They have about 10% of the chance of non-infected fish of surviving to maturity, according to what I've read.

I might have brought it to the attention of a biologist. Maryland swept the problem under the rug for years before they admitted they had a problem. If it wasn't whirling, that would be good to know, too.

Number6 love the name and the image. Great show!

I never seen anything like the one in the first picture and hope I never do.

Back