Cornplanter's Kingdom Map?

steveo27

steveo27

Are these no longer available? I would like to pick one up for this year as I plan on doing a lot more exploring and fishing and camping in Allegheny National Forest.

I was doing a little research online to see if anyone sold/shipped them and everything I found regarding these maps is they no longer print them because the publisher is out of business. Is this true?

From what I understood is they could be had almost anywhere in that region for a few bucks. Ive managed to forget to look for them every time I was near ANF the past few years and my forgetfulness may be coming back to bite me in the ***.

Does anyone know anything about these maps?

This is a great map, there has been one hanging on my camp wall since I was a little kid. Always enjoy looking at it. But I think you may be right that they are no longer being printed. Haven't seen any for sale in a while. Last place I can remember seeing them was probably RT 66 Sporting Goods but that was awhile back. I'll Keep my eye out for them next time I go up. Im sure there are still a few places that have some.

as far as I know, they are still around, like you said, most of the little stores in the area have them. I remember seeing them last year, somewhere around Tionesta or Tidioute.

They are hard to find - I believe the company that made them went out of business. I believe there are a total of 3 or 4 maps in the series covering different portions of the ANF - it is a crazy good map once you get past the kitch

Somebody at the http://www.cornplantertownship.net/ might know a resource

Im heading up through Tionesta next weekend, Ill have to look around.

There are 4 maps in the series - Cornplanter's Kingdom; More of Gods Country; Lore of the Last Frontier in Pennsylvania; and Heart of the Alleghenies.

NPflychucker wrote:
Last place I can remember seeing them was probably RT 66 Sporting Goods but that was awhile back.

Ive been in there countless times and probably walked right past them

Those would all make great titles to bluegrass songs!!

Steve, Tidioute Trading Post should have these maps. I was in there last summer after hiking off Rte 666 and they had a lot of maps including USGS quads. Hope this helps.

Tidioute Trading Post

15910 US-62, Tidioute, PA 16351

https://goo.gl/maps/3MJy6mGdnYq

We used that map in the 50's. Some of those creeks barely saw an angler then. GG

turkey wrote:
Steve, Tidioute Trading Post should have these maps. I was in there last summer after hiking off Rte 666 and they had a lot of maps including USGS quads. Hope this helps.

Tidioute Trading Post

15910 US-62, Tidioute, PA 16351

https://goo.gl/maps/3MJy6mGdnYq

Great news.

Thanks for the tip

Welp. My previous plans to head up that way got pushed back so I ventured up that way yesterday.

Tidioute Trading Post does in fact have the Cornplanter's Kingdom maps. They are behind the counter so you have to ask for one. They are still 5$ a piece too. On my drive home, it dawned on my I shoulda got 2 of them just because. Oh well, next time Im up that way....

Thanks again Turkey for the heads up.

Historical society appears to have them. These turned up as a potential resource when I was doing recon on the area for a trip last fall. Did not end up buyig them, but I find maps of all sorts very interesting.

A tribute to Samuel King, who created and published these interesting and iconic maps.

http://duboishs.com/index.php/history-blog/tribute-to-samuel-a-king/

Salmonoid wrote:
Historical society appears to have them.

I can't seem to get the order from to come up. Too bad.

albatross wrote:
Salmonoid wrote:
Historical society appears to have them.

I can't seem to get the order from to come up. Too bad.

Do you want one ? I'll pick a few up.

Bruno,

I wouldn't mind having a copy of the maps. I saw some books a the historical society that my Father would really love. Tales of the Bucktail brigade and such.

I would be eternally grateful if one of the members here could pick one up for me. i would gladly pay a reasonable price and for shipping. PM me if your up for the mission.

Donny

If Im back up that way anytime soon, I do plan on grabbing another copy. I can always grab a few more too if need be

Back