Corbett forces resignation of parks director

corbett needs to go! honestly, can nothing be left alone by these A-holes?
have to laugh, saw one of the "conserve natural resource" plate on a car the other day, the one with the river otter. I guess the next series of plates should read "exploit natural resources like there is no tomorrow!"

Corbett's approval rating back in June was reported to be at an all time low of 36%.

We should all march on Harrisburg an grab the weasel by his neck an throw him out on the curb.

-has donated $32,000 to corbetts campaign and "denied he is exerting any political influence"

WOW. I'm down for the march!!

Another piece of interesting info from the comments

Also fresh on the heels of Corbett forcing his Secretary of Health, Avila, to resign for having the audacity!, the termerity! of advocating keeping track of health impacts of natural gas drilling.
As the conservative Wall Street Journal reported:
"In 2011, Avila told a governor's advisory commission that creating an official state registry of people who complain about adverse health impacts could help 'refute or verify claims that the public health is being impacted by drilling in the Marcellus Shale.'
"The state House of Representatives approved $2 million to help create such a registry as part of a bill to regulate the rapid growth of natural gas exploration, but the money was stripped during last-minute negotiations between GOP legislative leaders and the Republican administration

everyone just has to remember all of this at ELECTION TIME!
it's funny really, Shell, the company mostly working in my area, seems to treat the landowners and the public in general with respect, going out of their way at times to put forth a good image and keep people happy, but then you hear what happens in harrisburg and it just reinforces my beliefs of the corruption that flows between this industry and the government.
of course the original post was mainly about the timber sales on state park land, but I think everyone knows that after the land is timbered, well pads will show up before the sawdust settles.
bottom line? come on, how much land do the state parks, not state forests, just the parks, how much land do they even total? it can't be much. do we really need to ruin them simply for money? can't some places just be left alone?
F-n bastards.

I'm up for the march. Let's go.

Worse Governor ever. Raping the state of resources for his reelection in a two years. Word on the street the price of natural gas needs to be $4cf for suppliers to make a profit, how soon with that happen with Orbit in office?
Problem is he is a lawyer and knows the loop holes to avoid an indictment.

Yeah, but avoiding an indictment isn't necessary. He's creating enough trouble for himself, and nothing is improving in Pa.

What I want to know is when the payments are going to start coming in for the citizens of PA for Marcellus Shale drilling? What's that, we don't live in Alaska? I want my share of royalties for the publicly owned land being drilled.

Not sure if most of you have young children but this reminds me of the new Yogi Bear movie .

I was involved in a large protest in Harrisburg when i was with the USWA it can be done , let's do it wearing our fishing gear AND LICENSE you start by filling up one busload and then let it roll as far as it goes. One of the things they told us before we went was that we might get arrested , so you have to be sincere. But it can be done.

It's a misdemeanor. We do have the right to peaceably assemble.
Not wearing waders, though. Liscense, Vest, Hat. Let's go.
Gotta make sure the vest holds NOTHING that Anyone could remotely consider as a weapon.

Shamefull part about it (One person One rock everyone blamed)

Most alarming to me is the possiblitly of allowing mining within the boundaries of Laurel Ridge State Park. I was just fishing some headwater brookie streams in that area two weeks ago. That region has been a stronghold against point and nonpoint source pollution in southwestern PA!!! The streams I fished were gems. Not sure how deep into the park the mine will go but the environment will most likely be threatened. Damit!

too bad, screw the trout, screw the parks, screw the people, screw everything, there are profits to be made, money is EVERYTHING!!!

Awe come on now Tommys not That bad! Look!Raises

What a slap in the face to every tax payer!

Bad enough that Corbett is such a douche, we're gonna have a perfect storm if Romney gets elected. He has already stated that the gas and oil companies will get carte blanche. I told my wife we better make plans to get out of this state.

With all due respect, Corbett can take a horizontal frackin' drill and freakin' shove it up (DELETED).

Back