Cool Job

Bruno

Bruno

Saw this today. Thought you all amy get a kick outta this story.

http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/videos/view/130-Fish-Watcher

Weren't people just complaining about poaching on Meadow...I'll post my resume!

right at 1:00 of the video, that fish swims underneath the school... it is twice the size of the others!! thats a ton of fish!

Add another location to the list of places to fish...

There is a gentlemen, i forget his name, that used to own the big bed and breakfast on the umqua. HE is the man that is actually responsible for starting the watch of the dynamite hole. I watched a whole documentary on the fellow. He's in his 80's now and still wades the river everyday.

David- Dunbar Creek.

I don't think I pull the poaching card out ever- but if there was ever a stream that got poached- it is Dunbar.

ps- I love guys who think their real mountain men who walk around with a 12 inch stockie on stringer. That goes for any water.

fascintating video!! fantastic fish. just wondering, how many folks here can just be satisfied with watching fish and not trying to catch them? I work along the neshannock, sometimes taking a break to walk down to the creek to check it out, one day there were tons of raises to a hatch going on, the guy I was with was going nuts, wanting to run home and get his rod. I was just as happy to watch the little buggers eat, actually noticed fish feeding in places I wouldn't have noticed if I was fishing.

and yes, I did see that giant fish swiming under the others, it looks HUGE!!

Bikerfish, I just got a chuckle from your question, "How many people can watch fish all day not trying to catch them?" Well, you just described a guide's life. We do that all the time. It is not all that bad though. It really is as much fun helping others get into some fish on a river they have never fished before and dreamed about for years as catching them yourself.

flybop, I understand the thrill. I've been fishing on penns with my buddies kids a few times and saw them missing fish, not casting far enough, etc. I've put my rod down, waded out to them and gave them some tips on where to cast, mend, whatever, and it is a thrill when they get the fish!! same thing when I fish with my girlfriend, I usually just leave the rod alone for a while and coach her and try to get her into some fish, I think I get more excited than her when I see a fish come up to her fly!!!

"Give a good life to my dog."......I think they got the right guy for the job.

Back